I’ve made some significant lifestyle changes over the past few months, so I thought I’d fill y’all in on my progress!
I have yet to touch my lips to one since the day I quit! That’s not to say that I don’t have to fight my way through cravings.
Not everyday, but a few times a week I have the urge to meet my old friend for a romp. I know that the pleasure gained would last seconds only to be followed by guilt, shame, and disgust.
Some ex-smokers say that after 20+ years they still have moments where they want to light up, so maybe I’ll never again know what life without a tobacco craving feels like?
Small price for clear lungs!
How’s that obnoxious hair on my chiny chin chin since I’ve been threading??
Well it’s even WORSE.
I’m currently using an epilator on my face as I type this. I figured this would happen since I made the decision to stop taking birth control about a month ago.
Huh? What? Are you trying to have a baby??
NO NO NANETTE! I just finally woke up to the fact that putting synthetic hormones into my body for 15yrs was a horrible choice. I don’t know why I never took the time to read the possible side effects of the Ortho Cyclen until recently.
Here’s a “brief” rundown-
- Abdominal or stomach pain
- absent, missed, or irregular menstrual periods
- change in vision
- changes in skin color
- chest pain or discomfort
- clay-colored stools
- dark urine
- dizziness or lightheadedness
- hives or welts
- itching skin
- large, hive-like swelling on the face, eyelids, lips, tongue, throat, hands, legs, feet, or sex organs
- loss of appetite
- medium to heavy, irregular vaginal bleeding between regular monthly periods, which may require the use of a pad or a tampon
- nausea and vomiting
- pain or discomfort in the arms, jaw, back, or neck
- pain, tenderness, or swelling of the foot or leg
- pains in the chest, groin, or legs, especially in the calves of the legs
- pounding in the ears
- redness of the skin
- severe headaches of sudden onset
- slow or fast heartbeat
- sudden loss of coordination or slurred speech
- sudden onset of shortness of breath for no apparent reason
- sudden shortness of breath or troubled breathing
- unusual tiredness or weakness
- vomiting of blood
- blotchy spots on the exposed skin
- breast enlargement or tenderness
- feeling sad or empty
- itching of the vagina or outside the genitals
- loss of interest or pleasure
- pain during sexual intercourse
- thick, white curd-like vaginal discharge without odor or with mild odor
- trouble concentrating
- trouble sleeping
- trouble wearing contact lenses
Say no more fam- I’d rather not take that gamble anymore.
Unfortunately, my PCOS symptoms have become worse and threading a few times a week is neither economical nor efficient. The epilator will have to do for now- I’m hoping eventually over time and through diet and herbal support this frustrating fur will disappear.
In LIVING THE DREAM I talk about how last time I stopped taking BC I went without a period for 9 months! This is a typical symptom of PCOS and though you might think it’s a perk- mood swings/bloating/cramping/sore breasts without any payoff will leave you not-so-perky.
I prepared myself mentally for this to happen again and started taking Maca (tell me what the hell maca is?) in hopes that it would eventually help to regulate my cycle.
GUYS!! GUESS WHO GOT HER PERIOD AFTER 29 DAYS??
Maybe it’s a one-off? Maybe it’ll be months before I have another one?
OR MAYBE this is a result of a healthy diet void of sugar, dairy, and grains?!
MAYBE it’s because herbs ARE powerful and should not be easily dismissed as quackery?!
MAYBE my body is responding favorably to the dedication I’ve shown TO MYSELF?!
Ok, but what about that gnarly sugar addiction?
45 days and I’m still clean!! No processed sugar! None! No cane sugar, no coconut sugar, no palm sugar, no corn syrup, no maple syrup, no agave, no xylitol, no stevia, no no nope!
I did eat a half a box of dates the other day, but that’s rare and it’s fucking dates for Pete’s sake….very different than peanut butter cups.
I haven’t had any grains or dairy either! Navigating life without sugar/grains/dairy hasn’t been all that hard and I can tell my body is grateful to have a break from the inflammation caused by those rascals.
I’ve replaced sugary shit with fruit!
Enjoying nature’s candies like pineapple, berries, and apples to satisfy my sweet tooth!
Using dates to sweeten baked goods!
And I love it! I love being that annoying person who has to look at every ingredient on the label! I love turning my nose up when I’m offered something filled with Satan’s blow then have to obnoxiously explain why!
I love it because it’s worth it and more importantly…
I’m worth it!
Every day that I make a conscious decision to live healthier – I’m validating my own worth.
And that feels really, really, ridiculously good!
Much love & thanks for all your support and motivation. I certainly would not be this succesful if I wasnt surrounded by amazing people who encourage me daily. Especially my guy 😉
Shine on, Friends! Xx